Yes, I’m back for a bit. Hopefully I’ll be back more often because there’s a conspiracy going on and I am getting so many followers! I don’t know how this happened and why but I would like to thank all of you anyway. Hopefully my blog is doing something positive for those of you who decided to go ahead and follow me.
BUT ANYWAY! So it’s December. Christmas month and also my brother and my birthday months. The other day I was looking at my planner and couldn’t believe how filled up it is! Suddenly I’m so popular and social, haha. But there’s just something that pumps me up during the holiday season. I actually look forward to parties and such and I also feel kind of more generous. It’s the season of giving and receiving after all so maybe that’s it.
I’ve been caught in the flurry of holiday preparations the past week, both at work and at home. I’ve been labeling envelopes and mailing cards for my boss and other members of our group. There’s plans of me doing a bit of shopping to prepare gifts for the people who have been very helpful to us for the past year. It all kind of makes me feel frantic but also a bit excited. Gifts are always fun to shop for for me. Hopefully the shopping all goes well.
Meanwhile, I’ve been more enthusiastic about my own gifts and giveaways this year. I haven’t offered out to write for people this year but I’ve been sending and receiving actual letters recently so I got hit with the idea to send out Christmas cards of my own. I’ve managed to send all of them out this past week and I’m happy to find out that one of my cards have been received! It’s amazing because I only put down my cards for ordinary mail and it usually takes the upwards of two weeks for ordinary mail to get to their recipients. Even my university got into the spirit of sending cards:
And yes, that is a birthday card. I am about to have my birthday soon, which explains my popularity according to a friend of mine, haha. The card made me so happy I actually also sent them a card back. 😀 Who knows, maybe they’ll give me a gift next time. 😉
Gifts. I’ve been going around getting gifts for people and I enjoy most every trip. I like trying my best at getting people gifts that they would actually like and use. So far, I think I’ve got a success rate of about 70%. I’ve got a story for you about giving gifts but that would have to wait until the next entry!
Happy weekend everyone! I hope you’re all enjoying it.
This was where I was last night! A benefit concert for one of our most popular churches here in Manila. As you can see, most everyone was on the dance floor, dancing their butts off. At this time, I was taking a breather because the band didn’t cease playing for one whole set which was an hour long each and there were two sets! Most of the time, though, I was singing and dancing along. It was hard to resist since most everyone was doing it. It was awesome.
The Christmas season has started and things are going to get crazy busy again. Already my calendar is being filled up with get togethers and parties. This is pretty normal this time of year and I actually can’t wait because it’s a chance to see people I haven’t seen in a while and to eat lots of good food.
It’s the end of November and so another round of NaBloPoMo ends. Thank you all so much for following, commenting and reading. I think I’ve missed some people and I’m really sorry about that but please trust that I read and received your comments. I hope you’ll still stick around even after November and I hope you all enjoy the coming holidays.
This was what I was busy with today. No, I didn’t make that, haha. I wish! But I was labeling Christmas cards to send out. It’s for work and I’ve still got a number to go through but I’m not complaining. It’s fun and I get to see the different designs that we have. They’re all handmade like this and you really have to admire the perseverance of some people with their craft.
Christmas lights outside Lasalle Benilde
Despite recent tragedy caused by Typhoon Yolanda, it still cannot be denied that Christmas is almost here. The Christmas decorations have started coming out and Christmas songs are playing on the radio. At work, my boss is already compiling a list of people the group is going to send gifts to and as for me, I’m already thinking of what to get my family and friends.
A lot of people seem to be united under the idea to keep it simple with respect to what has happened in Central Philippines and I couldn’t agree more, though I have to admit that I also wish to keep it simple due to my financial situation. Unfortunately, that operation from last month was a huge drain on my finances so things are going to be very simple this year. Still, despite the lack of money to blow on gifts, I want to make a special effort since it’s the holidays after all and one can give without spending so much. So I’m here, brainstorming.
Hopefully something good comes out of it, haha.
Hi! Long time, no blog, I know. I have no excuse but for the usual laziness and busyness and the fact that I am doing my best to recover from a bout of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.
Due to my frequent outings for work the past few weeks or so, I was infected by a cold that got turned into a cough that would not go away. I did my best to get better with the use of the more natural cures (lagundi tablets and lots of Vitamin C), but alas, nothing was working. The cough was subsiding but there was still phlegm after one week and so it was getting really annoying. I finally went to one of my doctors last Wednesday and got told to take a rest and I was also prescribed with some antibiotics. So holiday for three days! And antibiotics and other meds and also no salary for three days but you can’t have it all. At least I’m working on getting better. I seem to be getting better, I think. I hope so. I really want to get all this to stop by next week as I still have a lot of things to do.
While resting, I’ve been distracting myself with watching and reading stuff. I finally finished The Help and I’ve also watched the movie based on it. I’m also rewatching episodes from Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 3. I’ve almost forgotten how fun this show is. I’ll probably watch more as time goes on. I also need stuff to distract myself because I’ve been feeling a bit down lately…
Meanwhile, I’m starting work on my presents. Hopefully they’ll all get done before Christmas which is just ten days away. Go me. I can do this!
So how’s everyone else?
…Well, no. I know I’ve always had a problem when it came to resisting the call of dropping some money for my own impulsive indulgences.
We dropped by the Noel Bazaar at the World Trade Center earlier this afternoon just to see what’s inside. We ended up spending quite a bit of money that we weren’t planning to spend. Or at least I wasn’t; I don’t know about Mama. I even plan on going back this coming Friday so I can probably get my gift for the exchange gift and… Maybe another t-shirt. Or two. BECAUSE I BOUGHT THREE TODAY.
How obvious are my interests?
The new company shirt *COUGHCOUGHS*
In fairness, I can wear tshirts to work. Plus I have been complaining about not having enough tshirts recently. Buying three shirts at one go isn’t a bad thing, right?
That’s not the end of it, though. I walk around the bazaar a little more and Mama’s feet were starting to hurt. So we stop by this stall that sells shoes. She buys flats that I can also use when I want to later on as she rarely wears flats. Meanwhile, I ended up buying these:
They make my knees hurt after a while, but they’re nice with shorts or a short skirt.
I like the belt buckle things! And they were on sale! How was I to say ‘no’?! It’s freaking almost Christmas and my birthday!
And so I shall content myself with packed food until Thursday.
IT CAN BE DONE!
Yesterday, we set up a secret ballot at work concerning the price of exchange gifts. People were asking if we could lower the price from P500 and I think we’re going to end up with P300 as the budget. I’m not really complaining. While it’d be nice to receive something pricier, I think I’ll still love receiving something that’s worth P300 or less. I’m not that hard to please.
On Monday, we’re going to be putting up our Wish Lists and it makes me kind of excited about writing about stuff that I want to receive. I can say all I want about giving, but I have to admit, receiving stuff is always a treat. I already feel kind of sorry about my exchange gift partner because she might be receiving a novel. I was walking around a bookstore yesterday, saw the things I wanted and thought to myself, “I have a story for each and everything that I want to receive this Christmas.” Poor exchange gift partner, really. They don’t deserve my prattling to them when they’re just going to be giving me a gift, haha.
So I guess I’ll just put down what I want to say here, along with my Wish List (note that I’m not giving this whole list to my exchange gift partner as majority of this is probably worth more than P300):
- Books. Actual books, I mean. Sure, I’m getting rid of my books supposedly and transferring what I could of them to my Kindle, but I still love reading an actual book, the tree-killing kind, haha. Here are the books in the I WANT list:
- Jackie Morse Kessler’s Riders of the Apocalypse series
- The Dead That Walk edited by Stephen Jones
- The Nonexistent Knight and The Cloven Viscount by Italo Calvino
- Books by Matt Dunn
- Blood Lite: An Anthology of Humorous Horror Stories Presented by the Horror Writers Association
- Bewitching by Alex Flinn
- The Black Isle by Sandi Tan
- Ligo na U, Lapit na Me by Eros S. Atalia
- Tiktik: the Aswang Chronicles
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
- The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvader
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
- Graphic T-shirts. To display my fandom affiliations. But I do value a good t-shirt, especially if they feature something from Hetalia, Supernatural, The Avengers, etc and is very durable and wearable all at the same time. Then again I’d just love a nice plain white t-shirt, too, which is a must-have that my wardrobe sorely lacks.
- A Bag. A good one. Something sturdy that I can take with me to work and anywhere else. I’ve been wanting a nice leather satchel bag forever, but I haven’t found one that I really liked yet. Backpacks and shoulder bags are also nice.
- Plushies. I never really do anything but stock them, but I have a weakness for plushies. I like stopping by stalls that sell toys and cooing over factory overrun stuffed toys that sometimes look weird but I want to get them anyway. I just like adopting the poor things. I’d love a huggable-sized Cinnamoroll plushie. He looks like this:Isn’t he cuuuuuuuute? :3 I think I mentioned a Cinnamoroll plushie a few entries back that I found near our office building. I still want to adopt the poor baby. And since it’s from an ukay-ukay, he only costs P75. But if you want to get me a new one I also won’t stop you. :3 Iron Man plushies are also welcome, haha. X3
- Shoes. Who doesn’t like more shoes? I’m not really aiming to become Imeldific here, but I think my Chucks needs a partner.
- Food. I won’t say ‘no’ to food! Heck, you can just take me to a restaurant somewhere and treat me to a breakfast/lunch/dinner and I’ll be a happy camper.
- Office Supplies. Muji is still a nice place to get me gifts, haha. Cute notebooks! I like those Korean stationery-looking notebooks with the cute designs. Also those notebooks that are not Moleskines but good enough substitutes and I adore those black notebooks with black pages. I like my gel pens with 0.3 points. I already bought a portable planner for next year, but I don’t know.
- A Coffee Mug. I think this has been a staple for a couple of years now. I just love mugs and I use them a lot anyway. Mugs that make a statement are definitely much loved.
- Fanfiction/RP/Icons/Fandom Stuff. Not fanfiction about me but of the fandoms I’m in. I have a list of stuff that I want to RP but haven’t so far. I wonder if there would be any takers… The icon glitch in DW has been fixed, but those icons can still be used!
Of course no one’s required to get me these things. I just like listing things that I would love to receive, really. It’s nice to dream. =w=