Yesterday, we set up a secret ballot at work concerning the price of exchange gifts. People were asking if we could lower the price from P500 and I think we’re going to end up with P300 as the budget. I’m not really complaining. While it’d be nice to receive something pricier, I think I’ll still love receiving something that’s worth P300 or less. I’m not that hard to please.
On Monday, we’re going to be putting up our Wish Lists and it makes me kind of excited about writing about stuff that I want to receive. I can say all I want about giving, but I have to admit, receiving stuff is always a treat. I already feel kind of sorry about my exchange gift partner because she might be receiving a novel. I was walking around a bookstore yesterday, saw the things I wanted and thought to myself, “I have a story for each and everything that I want to receive this Christmas.” Poor exchange gift partner, really. They don’t deserve my prattling to them when they’re just going to be giving me a gift, haha.
So I guess I’ll just put down what I want to say here, along with my Wish List (note that I’m not giving this whole list to my exchange gift partner as majority of this is probably worth more than P300):
- Books. Actual books, I mean. Sure, I’m getting rid of my books supposedly and transferring what I could of them to my Kindle, but I still love reading an actual book, the tree-killing kind, haha. Here are the books in the I WANT list:
- Jackie Morse Kessler’s Riders of the Apocalypse series
- The Dead That Walk edited by Stephen Jones
- The Nonexistent Knight and The Cloven Viscount by Italo Calvino
- Books by Matt Dunn
- Blood Lite: An Anthology of Humorous Horror Stories Presented by the Horror Writers Association
- Bewitching by Alex Flinn
- The Black Isle by Sandi Tan
- Ligo na U, Lapit na Me by Eros S. Atalia
- Tiktik: the Aswang Chronicles
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
- The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvader
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
- Graphic T-shirts. To display my fandom affiliations. But I do value a good t-shirt, especially if they feature something from Hetalia, Supernatural, The Avengers, etc and is very durable and wearable all at the same time. Then again I’d just love a nice plain white t-shirt, too, which is a must-have that my wardrobe sorely lacks.
- A Bag. A good one. Something sturdy that I can take with me to work and anywhere else. I’ve been wanting a nice leather satchel bag forever, but I haven’t found one that I really liked yet. Backpacks and shoulder bags are also nice.
- Plushies. I never really do anything but stock them, but I have a weakness for plushies. I like stopping by stalls that sell toys and cooing over factory overrun stuffed toys that sometimes look weird but I want to get them anyway. I just like adopting the poor things. I’d love a huggable-sized Cinnamoroll plushie. He looks like this:Isn’t he cuuuuuuuute? :3 I think I mentioned a Cinnamoroll plushie a few entries back that I found near our office building. I still want to adopt the poor baby. And since it’s from an ukay-ukay, he only costs P75. But if you want to get me a new one I also won’t stop you. :3 Iron Man plushies are also welcome, haha. X3
- Shoes. Who doesn’t like more shoes? I’m not really aiming to become Imeldific here, but I think my Chucks needs a partner.
- Food. I won’t say ‘no’ to food! Heck, you can just take me to a restaurant somewhere and treat me to a breakfast/lunch/dinner and I’ll be a happy camper.
- Office Supplies. Muji is still a nice place to get me gifts, haha. Cute notebooks! I like those Korean stationery-looking notebooks with the cute designs. Also those notebooks that are not Moleskines but good enough substitutes and I adore those black notebooks with black pages. I like my gel pens with 0.3 points. I already bought a portable planner for next year, but I don’t know.
- A Coffee Mug. I think this has been a staple for a couple of years now. I just love mugs and I use them a lot anyway. Mugs that make a statement are definitely much loved.
- Fanfiction/RP/Icons/Fandom Stuff. Not fanfiction about me but of the fandoms I’m in. I have a list of stuff that I want to RP but haven’t so far. I wonder if there would be any takers… The icon glitch in DW has been fixed, but those icons can still be used!
Of course no one’s required to get me these things. I just like listing things that I would love to receive, really. It’s nice to dream. =w=