Behold my book sale haul! Admittedly, this haul could have been larger. Thank goodness for some self control and budget constraints! 😛
So, what’ve we got?
- Isabel Allende’s Zorro. I’ve been looking for this book forever probably because I love Antonio Banderas’ Mask of Zorro and I was also a fan of other incarnations of the story in anime and comic forms in the past. Isabel Allende’s also a writer that we were required to read back in high school and getting to read her House of the Spirits was actually one of the more enjoyable reading assignments I ever had to do for school. Put both these things together and I think I’ve got something cool to add to the To-Read List.
- Quentin Tarantino’s Inglorious Basterds (screenplay). I love the film and Michael Fassbender (even before I knew his name!), so of course I couldn’t resist this one, especially given how badass the cover looks.
- Julie Powell’s Julie and Julia. Another one that I got because I loved the film version. Plus it was a book about a woman trying out recipes. There’s food involved. How in the world am I supposed to pass this up?
- George Bernard Shaw’s Pygmalion. I’m sensing a pattern here. I first got in contact with Pygmalion through the film version of My Fair Lady which is based on this play. I just thought it would be wicked cool to have it in my collection.
- Bob Gill’s Logo Mania. This one, meanwhile, is for Elise. It’s this really creatively-made book about how a graphic designer solved some designing problems. I thought Elise would enjoy and appreciate this, so I got it.
Of course, there were some books that didn’t quite make the cut for various reasons. They are the Jennifer’s Body graphic novel (I really wasn’t that into it at the end of the day, though it was probably pretty cool), Nina Garcia’s Black Book of Style (Still a bit pricey at P315. The rest of my books cost half or less than half of that) and Karen Jay Fowler’s The Jane Austen Book Club (Kind of the same reason as with the graphic novel).
And since I was in bookstores and also made my rounds in Japanese P88 stores, of course I got myself new pens, notebooks and other stuff. Because I can.
Pens! Post its! Cute notebooks (though those notebooks aren’t all bought recently)! A portable reading light! This cute protective sleeve thing for my Kindle! I also got more notebooks and a pencil case yesterday but no pictures, because I was lazy. Maybe some other time this week. I was supposed to write this entry about all my stuff here (including how I was in the bookstore and actually squealed over cute post its and tiny sticky tabs) but again, lazy. Anyway, it’s better that you’re spared my weird love for office supplies, haha.
You guys know what to get me for my birthday and Christmas. *hinthint*